Where to donate:
Our donation area is located on Kentucky Street, just past the library book return. When we are accepting donations, there will be a large blue drop box outside. We close our donation box for two weeks around our three major book sales. For upcoming donation box closures, please check our calendar.
We can accept:
- Hardcover, Paperback and Children’s books in good condition
- Travel, Computer or Textbooks less than 3 years old
- DVDs, CDs, and CD Audiobooks
- Comic Books
- Computer software, Video games, Board Games and Puzzles with all pieces
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books (e.g. moldy, dirty, water damaged, missing covers, missing pages, excessive marking)
- LP records, VHS tapes, Cassettes
- Periodicals or Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
We ask that you limit donated items to three boxes/ bags per household. If you would like to donate more items, please contact FLPL Program Coordinator, Angela Hyde, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-843-3833 ext. 149 to schedule a drop off.
Need a tax receipt?
There are two ways to request a tax receipt for your donation of physical goods:
Angela Hyde, FLPL Program Coordinator, email@example.com
Call (785) 843-3833 ext. 149 and request a donation receipt
Receipts can be emailed, mailed, or held at the library for pickup.