Where to donate:
Our donation area is located on Kentucky Street, west of the library’s formal entrance on Vermont Street.
Turn into the circle drive and pull your vehicle up to the donation area, just past the library book return. When we are accepting donations, there will be a large blue drop box outside. We close our donation box for two weeks around our three major book sales. For upcoming donation box closures, please check our calendar.
We can accept:
- Hardcover, Paperback and Children’s books in good condition
- Travel, Computer or Textbooks less than 3 years old
- DVDs, CDs, and CD Audiobooks
- Comic Books
- Computer software, Video games, Board Games and Puzzles with all pieces
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books (e.g. moldy, dirty, water damaged, missing covers, missing pages, excessive marking)
- LP records, VHS tapes, Cassettes
- Periodicals or Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
We ask that you limit donated items to three boxes/ bags per household. If you would like to donate more items, please contact FLPL Program Coordinator, Angela Hyde, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-843-3833 ext. 149 to schedule a drop off.